Activating your 8x8 phones requires an activation code. This activation code is included in all of the following:
- The Order Shipped email - Sent to the email address given by the person who placed the order.
- The user's extension Welcome email - Sent to individual extension users when a new user profile is assigned to an extension. If you cannot locate your Welcome email, your 8x8 account administrator can have it sent to you again. (See: How do I resend the Virtual Office welcome email to extension users?)
- Account Manager - Accessible to authorized 8x8 account administrators.
To find an activation code in the Welcome email
- Look for an email with the subject, "You've Been Assigned a New Virtual Office Extension."
- Scroll down to Your Extension Info to see the Device Activation Code.
To find an activation code in Account Manager
Note: The 8x8 Account Manager portal is accessible only to authorized 8x8 account administrators.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Navigate to Phone System > View All Extensions > View.
- Locate the extension with the device you want to activate.
- Click Activate Device.
- A pop-up window will appear with the extension information and device Activation Code.
- If you are activating wireless or cordless IP DECT phones, the pop-up window will look different, and will include more extensive activation instructions. Note: The activation code listed for IP DECT phones is to be used to activate the base unit.