You can configure your Ring Group voicemail settings in Account Manager, and manage voicemail over the phone.
- Log in to Account Manager.
- From the top menu, click Phone System.
- From the left panel, click Ring Groups.
- To the right of the Ring Group you wish to edit, click Edit from the Actions column.
- In Ring Group Details, you can set the Voicemail Password, as well as options for when calls should be directed to voicemail.
- In Members of Ring Group, decide which group members can receive Ring Group Voicemail.
- When you are finished, click Save.
Note: Delivery of voicemail notifications to Ring Group members allowed to receive Ring Group voicemail is determined within the setup of each individual extension.
- From any extension in your 8x8 system, dial 500.
- Enter the Ring Group extension number and press #.
- Enter the Ring Group voicemail password and press #.
- Press the * key to enter the Main Menu.
Note: If you have no saved voicemail messages, you should enter the Main Menu automatically. You can skip this step.
- From the Main Menu:
- Press 1 to listen to your messages.
- Press 2 to change your greeting. Options include using just a name; setting distinct internal (on-network) and external (off-network) greetings; and changing greetings to be used at certain times or occasions.
- Press 3 to manage user preference options: change voicemail password, call waiting preferences, busy handling, ring no answer handling, Internet outage routing, and email notification preferences.
- Press 4 to establish or change call forwarding rules. Options include: listen to, set, change, or cancel call forwarding rules.
- Press 5 to set a specific greeting for business hours, after business hours, lunch time, meeting, weekend, and vacation.
- Press 6 to enable or disable Announcement Only mode (e.g., your vacation greeting).
- Press 9 to exit voicemail.
For a downloadable Quick Reference Guide to the voicemail phone menu, click here.