- In Account Manager, open the Auto Attendant that received the error.
- Click the green + to add a new option.
- In the newly added option, select Transfer to Submenu under the left hand Call Routing drop-down, then select the hidden submenu from the right hand drop-down.
- Under the left hand Auto Attendant at a Glance menu, click on the name of the new submenu.
- Select the Additional Options tab, then change the conflicting rule from the loop to something else (e.g., replay menu recording).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- You can then go back and click the red - to delete the newly created menu item.
- Save your changes.
- Go to Phone System > Auto Attendant and click Turn On to turn on the auto attendant.
This issue occurs when the user inadvertently creates a call loop with a hidden, inactive submenu within the Auto Attendant. The Auto Attendant still recognizes the call loop within the hidden, inactive submenu, resulting in an error.
Steps that Result in this Error
- Create a submenu that points to a Virtual Number that points to the Auto Attendant holding the submenu that points to the Virtual Number (this will create a call loop).
- Change the Auto Attendant option to something other than a submenu.
- At this point the submenu is created and hidden but is not active. The Auto Attendant still recognizes the call loop in the hidden/non-active submenu.