To set up a Ring Group
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System > Ring Groups.
- To the right, click Create Ring Group.
- Enter a name in the Group Name field. You can change this at any time.
- A Ring Group extension will be suggested for you. You can leave it, enter a new number or click on Suggest to get the next available ring group extension number.
- Choose an option from the Ring Pattern dropdown (the different pattern types are explained to the right).
- If you select either of the Cyclic ring patterns, choose the Number of Cycles you prefer before calls are routed to voicemail. (Simultaneous Ring will automatically select 1 cycle.)
- Enter a Voicemail Password for this ring group.
- Select the forwarding destination from the If all lines are busy, forward immediately to dropdown menu. The default is 555 for voicemail; 444 connects to the Auto Attendant.
- Select the forwarding destination from the If the Ring Group cannot answer the call forward the call to dropdown.
- Enter the desired number of seconds before the call is forwarded. Five seconds equals one ring.
- Optional: Select the forwarding destination from the Immediately Forward Calls to dropdown menu.
Note: Setting this feature will override your settings in steps 9, 10, and 11.
- Add extensions to the ring group. In order to add additional extensions to the ring group, select an extension from the Phone Extension dropdown menu. Click + to add more extensions and - to remove extensions.
- Click Save to complete.
You can always go back and edit or delete a ring group from the Ring Groups page.
For more information on configuring and using ring groups, see Set up Your Phone System > Create Ring Groups in Account Manager Online Help.