The ACT! toolbar may simply not have enough room to display the 8x8 integration icon, or the toolbar has become corrupted.
- First, click on the "More Buttons" button in the toolbar to show other icons which can't appear due to viewing size limitations.
- Does the 8x8 icon appear there? If so, then the 8x8 icon is just hidden due to the way ACT! handles plugin icons.
If the 8x8 plugin is installed and appears in the Tools menu, and is enabled in the Manage Add-ons window (see Solution 2), try this:
- Click the small arrow that should appear at the very far right of the ACT! icon toolbar.
- Click Hide Search if the Search field is visible. This will give the toolbar icons more room to display.
- Click Global Toolbar Options. A new window will pop up.
By default, plugin / Add-On items do not appear in the Global Toolbar Options list, but you can uncheck to remove native items from the toolbar to make room for plugin icons.
- De-select any un-needed toolbar buttons and click OK.
- Restart ACT!. This may be necessary to force the display to update and rebuild the toolbar.
- Now run through the steps above to verify if the 8x8 integration icon appears. If it does not appear, proceed to Solution 2.