Generally speaking, 8x8 Virtual Office is fully supported on and functional in Windows 10, which Microsoft began rolling out on July 29, 2015.
Currently, the new Microsoft flagship web browser, Microsoft Edge, does not support any plug-ins, which affects use of many browser-based services, including 8x8's Virtual Office Online and Virtual Office Meetings. However, you may continue to use these services in any other web browser of your choice (including Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.).
If you experience issues installing or using any 8x8 Virtual Office client or plugin with Windows 10, please contact 8x8 Technical Support.
Known Issue (5/3/2016): We are aware of an issue affecting users of Virtual Office Desktop client, version 4.3.894. Some Windows 10 users have reported crashes upon app launch, as well as issues with text and/or window sizing and scaling. A fix is available in the latest version of the application. Download the latest build or click Help > Check for Updates in the application to upgrade.
Users unable to immediately upgrade on their own can try running Virtual Office Desktop in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode:
- After installing Virtual Office Desktop, right-click on the application icon.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Under Compatibility mode, ensure the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for: is checked.
- From the dropdown menu, select Windows 7.
- Click OK.
- Start and log in to Virtual Office Desktop as normal.