There are several ways that you can access your voicemails: from your computer, from your desk phone, and from your smartphone or tablet.
From your computer
If you receive email notifications for voicemails, you can click to listen or download a voicemail directly from the email itself. You can also click the link to access your secure Visual Voicemail landing page.
Another option is to log in to Virtual Office Online or Virtual Office Desktop. Voicemails are stored in your Inbox.
From a hard phone
- From your own extension
Dial 555 and enter your voicemail password.
- From another extension in your system
Dial 500, enter your extension number, then enter your voicemail password.
Note: Access to voicemail from an outside (non-8x8) line is restricted for your security. A workaround to allow this is to create an Auto Attendant for your own number or another number in your system with an option that points to Voice Mail System (extension 500).
Once you have accessed the voicemail system:
- Press 1 to listen to new messages.
- Press 2 to review old messages.
- Press 3 to review group messages.*
*Only if you are a member of a ring group.
From your smartphone or tablet
Do one of the following:
- Log in to your Virtual Office Mobile App and tap Messages to access voicemails.
- Use the app dial pad to dial 555 and enter your voicemail password.
For a downloadable Quick Reference Guide to the voicemail phone menu, click here.