Creating a Case through the 8x8 Support Knowledge Base
Need help with an 8x8 product or service? You can easily create a Support case through the 8x8 Support Knowledge Base. To create a case, you must first log in to the 8x8 Support Knowledge Base.
When you are logged out, you will see a Get Support sidebar on the right with a prompt to log in.
After you have logged in, the Get Support sidebar will display the several ways to contact us. To begin creating a new case, click Contact Us. To open a Support chat, click Chat Now. To call the Support line, click Other. Phone and chat support are available during business hours. Cases can be created at any time.
Search Bar Banner
The Contact Us icons will also display in the banner below the search field. When logged out, you will see, "Can't find what you're looking for? Need to contact Support? Please log in." After you have logged in, you will see, "Still need help?" followed by several contact icons.
Logged Out View
Logged In View
Creating a Case
To create a case, click Contact Us next to the paper airplane icon in the Get Support sidebar or in the banner below the search field. (Note: You will only see this icon if you are logged in.) You will be taken to a form that is pre-populated with your name, company name, and contact information.
If your contact information is incorrect, your account administrator can update it through Account Manager. If you are experiencing multiple issues, please create a separate case for each issue. Cancellation requests must be submitted to 8x8 Support over the phone.
To Create a Case
- In the Create a Case form, select the product you are having trouble with from the Which 8x8 Product? drop-down.
- From the Impact (Severity) drop-down, select the appropriate severity level.
- From the What can we help you with? drop-down, select the nature of the problem.
- Add a brief Summary (Subject) of the issue.
- Add a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.
- Submit the form.
- After your case has been submitted, you will see a screen with your Case ID, similar to the following screenshot. Please use your Case ID in any case follow-up with 8x8 Support.
Adding Attachments to Cases
If you need to add an attachment to a case, this can be done by replying to the case confirmation email you received from 8x8 Support. Add the attachment to your email reply. The file size limit is 10MB.
Viewing Case Information
To learn how to view information for previously submitted cases, see How do I manage my cases on the 8x8 Support Knowledge Base?