8x8 Work for Outlook: Add-in Does Not Appear in the Application Ribbon
The 8x8 Work for Outlook icon is not displayed in the Microsoft Outlook application ribbon.
When it's working properly, the 8x8 icon should appear in the following views:
- All open Events
This article applies only to Windows-installed versions of Microsoft Outlook.
- Either 8x8 Work for Outlook is not checked/enabled in Outlook COM Add-ins.
- Or another Outlook add-in is conflicting with the 8x8 Work for Outlook meetings add-In.
- Open Microsoft Outlook for Windows.
- Click File at the top-left of Outlook and select Options.
- In the Outlook Options window, click Add-ins.
- Under Manage, select COM Add-ins and click Go.
- In the COM Add-ins window, select 8x8 Work for Outlook if it is not checked, and click OK.
- Close and restart Microsoft Outlook.
- If this does not solve the issue, then try un-checking any other add-ins that may have recently been installed, then click OK and close and restart Outlook. It should not be necessary to uncheck any original Microsoft add-ins.
- Failing all of the above, uninstall the 8x8 integration and re-install it.
Installation instructions for the 8x8 Work for Office 365 meetings add-in for Outlook 365 (online) are documented in the following article: