IMPORTANT: The 8x8 Skype for Business Integration is no longer officially supported, and can longer be installed for general use. Current users may continue to use this integration until it is officially retired, but no support for this product can be provided.
Skype for Business is an enterprise communication application used with Skype for Business Server or with Skype for Business Online.
The 8x8 Skype for Business Integration for Windows allows the user to:
- Initiate outbound calls from Skype for Business, using their 8x8 phone extension
- Manage inbound and outbound phone calls from the communication panel
- View the presence (call activity status) within Skype for Business of other 8x8 Work users on the same 8x8 service
- Enable WebRTC functionality, which allows the user to make and receive calls through the PC, without the use of a desk phone or a softphone such as 8x8 Work for Desktop.
- Note: WebRTC functionality is limited to Admin Console platform 8x8 Work extensions. Account Manager platform phone extensions are not supported.
- This 8x8 integration is compatible only with Skype for Business. It is not designed for use with the standard Skype application.
- 8x8 Work service, on either Account Manager or Admin Console platforms
- For WebRTC functionality, Admin Console-based 8x8 Work extensions are required.
- Microsoft Windows 10 or higher
- Skype for Business Online account, or Skype for Business Server account
- NO LONGER AVAILABLE