The 8x8 Integration for Salesforce CRM gives you control of your 8x8 phone from within Salesforce, allowing you to combine the benefits of Salesforce with the capabilities of 8x8 Work and/or 8x8 Contact Center.
The application launches conveniently within Salesforce, enabling you to click-to-dial, quickly identify customers based on an inbound call (via records that pop up on an incoming or outgoing call), and improve the efficiency of logging calls. With these records, you can gain full insight into communications with any returning customer, and be prepared to follow up with them whenever they may call.
More information is located in our online documentation, linked below.
8x8 Work Integration for Salesforce
8x8 Contact Center App Integration for Salesforce
- 8x8 Work (formerly VO)
- 8x8 Contact Center (formerly VCC)
Contact Center App Email-in-Case Support
The 8x8 Contact Center App Integration for Salesforce provides support for new Email in External CRM functionality:
- Agents can now receive, reply to, and create new emails within the Contact Center App.
- All email interactions are handled through the Contact Center App, and are stored into Salesforce cases.
- Each leg of an email "chain" or conversation sent to or from the Contact Center App will automatically be stored in its appropriate case.
- A new email chain will open a new case, to which all related email replies and responses will be added.
8x8 Work and 8x8 Contact Center App integrations for Salesforce are currently available in:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand (ANZ)
- Republic of Ireland
Future Support: Support is planned for the following regions (release dates still to be determined).
Requirements and Limitations
- Available on Salesforce Editions (Professional, Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance).
- Login access to an Salesforce account.
- Login access to an 8x8 Work extension.
- Supported web browsers: Chrome (PC and Mac)
- 8x8 Work (for Desktop, Mobile, or Web) or a desk phone must be used in conjunction with the integration to accept calls.
- The integration must be logged into for communication records to be written to Salesforce.
- ALL phone calls are logged in Salesforce by the integration, including internal extension calls.
- Please see the Administrators and Users guides for more information.
Supported CRM objects
Both integrations support the following objects in Salesforce:
- Case (not supported by Salesforce Sales Engagement)
While some parameters can be directly configured in the communication panel by agents, the v3.2 integration currently has no admin-customizable options.
At this time if you require specific customizations of the integration, please contact your 8x8 Sales representative to engage our Professional Services team, who can determine feasibility and potential cost of any requested customization.
- 8x8 Work for Salesforce v3.1 - For Administrators
- 8x8 Work for Salesforce v3.1 - For Agents
- 8x8 Contact Center for Salesforce - For Administrators
- 8x8 Contact Center for Salesforce - For Agents
- How to Install Salesforce Integration v3.2 for 8x8 Work and Contact Center
- Salesforce Integration: Shareable Remix CTI Adapter URL Suffix
- How to Report a Problem in the 8x8 Work for Salesforce Integration