If the initial Sync Now process completes without the required domain activation phase, it may show that it has competed successfully, but has not activated any domains for voice services.
In this case, the dial pad in Microsoft Teams will not appear, and no inbound or outbound calls can be made through Teams.
Domain validation should appear in every Teams sync log, as in the screenshot below:
Important: Note that this is not the only reason that the Teams dial pad might not appear. The most common reasons for this to occur are:
- Provisioning sync in the Voice for Teams admin portal has failed in some way, such as in the issue outlined in this article.
- Not enough time has elapsed since a fully successful setup sync to allow Microsoft to perform its own backend processing of the sync request. This can take up to 72 hours, and even longer when Microsoft experiences a more significant backlog.
- 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams
This issue typically occurs when the Teams service is provisioned in the Voice for Teams admin portal before the PBX service is set up, and no country is defined and saved in the PBX service. The allocation of voice routing and associated domains is dependent upon the country specified.
This issue may not be automatically corrected by the later addition of the PBX configuration.
In this case, manual intervention is required. Please see the Resolution below.
Example: The Tenant Setup / Domain Validation section should always appear in every Teams sync log, with the actual domains listed.
Example: When this issue occurs, the Tenant Setup / Domain Validation section does not appear in the Teams sync log.
CRITICAL: The following solution involves initiating one or more portal Sync Now processes which must be performed by a Microsoft Global Administrator.
In the Voice for Teams admin portal:
- Log in and navigate to Services > PBX.
- Change the Country to another region.
- Example: If the country is set to United States > New York, change this setting to France or United Kingdom (or vice-versa).
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Sync Now button.
The full sync process should now run, taking up to 15 minutes. During that time, you should see a notice stating that domains are being created and activated on your service:
- Allow the Sync Now process to complete.
- Now change the Country and State / Province (if needed) back to the correct setting(s) for your PBX service location.
- Click the Sync Now button again. Another sync process taking several minutes will run.
- When this final full sync has completed, the Sync Now button will display a green check mark.
- Review the Sync log again to verify that the Teams sync now includes Tenant Setup / Domain Validation.
The service should now be ready for the configuration of users (as needed) and calling.