The Teams sync process in the 8x8 Voice for Teams admin portal fails for one or more users, and the Teams sync log displays an error similar to the following:
== START SyncUsersOut (00:12) ==
<00:13> PS1> Set-CsUser -Identity "firstname.lastname@example.org" -OnPremLineURI "tel:+441234567890" -AudioVideoDisabled $false -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true
<00:13> PSERROR1> Cannot modify the parameter: "OnPremLineURI" because it is restricted for the user service plan: MCOProfessional.
- 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams
This is caused by an incorrect Microsoft user license assignment.
Most likely the user has been assigned a Virtual Phone System license, which is not valid for use with the 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams service.
To resolve this issue:
- Assign the user(s) a full Microsoft Phone System license.
- Wait a few minutes so that Microsoft can process the change.
- In the Voice for Teams admin portal, click Sync Now to perform a full service sync.
- If only the Microsoft user has been modified, you can instead click on the Sync Now dropdown arrow and select Teams to perform only a Teams sync.