Voice for Teams: Sync Error: Unable to update service
When an administrator runs a Sync Now process in the 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams admin portal, the sync immediately fails and they receive a red banner stating:
- Unable to update service: You are not authorized to perform this operation
- 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams
- Voice for Microsoft Teams admin portal
An administrator with only the Sync Contributor role assigned would normally be able to initiate a basic Sync Now process without an error.
This specific error indicates that:
- The administrator performing the sync is attempting to make a change to the service configuration in the Services section of the Voice for Teams admin portal.
- And the administrator does not have the required Account Owner role assigned to them.
To sync changes to either Services > PBX or Services > Teams tabs:
- Either: In the Accounts tab, assign the Account Owner role to the admin experiencing the error, and have them log out of and log back into the admin portal.
- Or: Have an admin who has the Account Owner role assigned perform the service change and then initiate the Sync Now process.