When a Sync Now process is run in the Voice for Teams admin portal, the following symptoms persistently occur:
- A red warning Sync Now button is displayed.
- Your latest sync logs are marked with the status: Failed
- Multiple different errors appear in the latest Teams sync log.
- The Tenant Setup / Domain Validation section does not appear in your Teams sync logs.
- The dial pad may not appear in Microsoft Teams, and Teams users will not be able to make or receive phone calls.
- 8x8 Voice for Microsoft Teams
- Voice for Teams admin portal
- Sync Now
During the initial service setup phase in the Voice for Teams admin portal, 8x8 SBC domains were not generated and activated in the Microsoft 365 admin center in Settings > Domains.
The Sync Now process always tests for the following, and many of these validation tests will generate errors when run if the 8x8 SBC domains have not been created. In this case, the Tenant Setup / Domain Validation section of the sync log will not appear:
- Tenant Setup / Domain Validation
- Users are polled in the Microsoft tenant
CRITICAL: The following solution involves initiating one or more portal Sync Now processes which must be performed by a Microsoft Global Administrator.
In the Voice for Teams admin portal:
- Log in and navigate to Services > PBX.
- Change the Country to another region.
- Example: If the country is set to United States > New York, change this setting to France or United Kingdom (or vice-versa).
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Sync Now button.
The full sync process should now run, taking up to 15 minutes. During that time, you should see a notice stating that domains are being created and activated on your service:
- Allow the Sync Now process to complete.
- Now change the Country and State / Province (if needed) back to the correct setting(s) for your PBX service location.
- Click the Sync Now button again. Another sync process taking several minutes will run.
- When this final full sync has completed, the Sync Now button will display a green check mark.
- Review the Sync log again to verify that the Teams sync now includes Tenant Setup / Domain Validation.
The service should now be ready for the configuration of users (as needed) and calling.