The objective of this guide is it show the steps and information required to submitting a porting request via the Configuration Manager portal.
X-Series and Editions customers looking to port numbers onto 8x8.
The submission of the port will require you to have an equal amount of Number Licenses present on your account. These Licenses must match the type and locality of the porting numbers. (E.g Porting a Toll-Free number will require a Toll-Free license, Porting a French number will require a French number license.)
Please ensure that you have the required licenses on Configuration Manager before proceeding.
- Log into your Configuration Manager
- From the Home screen go to Phone numbers
- In the Phone numbers page go to Port Phone Numbers
- Read and confirm the Pre-check page
- Complete the Basic Information page using the requestor's details
- Complete the Service Provider and Billing Telephone Number boxes
- Enter the Telephone numbers you wish to Port.
During the porting process the system will allocate temporary numbers for each number that you are porting. The temporary number will be chosen from our pool of numbers.
Alternatively you can choose to manually specify the temporary number to be used during the porting process, in which case you will have to select the temporary numbers from your existing numbers inventory.
- The final page is the completion page, review the information and submit the Port.
Please note that no notification of this request will be sent 8x8 nor does this request start the porting process. Please reach out to 8x8 and raise a case so that we can start talking to the Gaining Communication Provider.
- We will require a completed LOA to submit the port on your behalf, please reach out to us so that we can provide you with the relevant documentation.
- Lead times for porting vary based on complexity and number type, please be mindful of this when arranging a port.