This article provides a brief guide to connecting your public 8x8 Work rooms to your Cisco Webex Teams groups.
Note: This procedure can generally be applied to all external chat applications supported by Sameroom, except for those which require a bridgebot.
- 8x8 Work
- 8x8 Team Messaging
- Cisco Webex Teams
To create Sameroom chat relay tubes between 8x8 Work and Webex Teams, all of the following are required:
- 8x8 X Series service
- Your 8x8 X Series service must be provisioned to use Sameroom.
- 8x8 Work extension login credentials
- 8x8 Work Desktop or 8x8 Work Mobile
- Cisco Webex Teams account
Add your Cisco Webex Teams Account to Sameroom
First you need to create a connection between Sameroom and your Webex Teams account.
- Navigate to http://8x8.sameroom.io.
- Click Sign in / Join at the top-right, or just click on the Cisco Webex Teams icon .
- In the popup Cisco Webex window, enter your Cisco Webex ID.
- Click Next, and apply your Cisco Webex password.
Once you're logged in, you'll be brought to the 8x8 Sameroom Accounts page, which displays your new Account connection to your Cisco Webex Teams service.
You can also access this page from the dropdown menu at the top-right of the Sameroom interface.
- Continue to the next section below to connect your public 8x8 room(s) to one or more Cisco Webex Teams groups.
Connect your public 8x8 room(s) to Cisco Webex Teams groups
You'll need to perform this operation using either 8x8 Work Desktop or 8x8 Work Mobile.
This process creates a permanent (deletable) URL which you can use to connect one or more other (supported) chat rooms with.
- In an existing public 8x8 room, type @Sameroom and select Sameroom from the popup.
Important: Private 8x8 Work rooms are not supported for Sameroom chat relay.
- Type the word portal after the @Sameroom mention, and send your message.
- Copy the supplied Portal URL. This is your authorization key for connecting other chat rooms to the specific 8x8 Work room you generated the URL in.
- In Webex Teams, navigate to the Webex Teams Group you are linking to your 8x8 room.
- In the chat window, type -sameroom connect followed by the supplied Portal URL, and send the message.
- Example: -sameroom connect https://sameroom.io/AbCdEfGh
- Verify that both applications display confirmation that they are now connected by a Sameroom chat relay tube.
8x8 Work Desktop:
Cisco Webex Teams:
- You can click map in either application to launch a web browser page that will display a graphical representation of your current Sameroom tube network. The launching application endpoint will be highlighted:
- Finally, send a test message from one of your connected chat rooms. The message should automatically be relayed to every room in your Sameroom tube network.
8x8 Work Desktop (sent):
Cisco Webex Teams (received):