This article will show you how to add the Sameroom Bridgebot to GroupMe, and then how to connect another chat application room to your GroupMe room.
- Sameroom Standalone accounts
- 8x8 Team Messaging accounts (8x8 X Series)
- GroupMe chat client
Add the Sameroom Bot to GroupMe
This process assumes that you already have a working GroupMe account, and that you have a group established in GroupMe that you wish to connect to other chat rooms.
You can initiate adding the Sameroom bot to GroupMe from the Sameroom.io interface.
However, because GroupMe requires a bridgebot, it cannot be used to log in to Sameroom.io.
- Log in to the GroupMe web interface at https://web.groupme.com/signin.
- Click on the URL below to open a new browser tab and initiate adding the Sameroom bot.
- Log In using your existing GroupMe credentials, and check the box to prove beyond all doubt that you are not a robot.
- Verify your GroupMe account, if needed.
- Select the group(s) to which you are adding the Sameroom bot in GroupMe.
- Click Save Changes to complete the process.
If you need to add the Sameroom bridgebot to other groups in the future, simply run through this process again and select your new group.
Connect a GroupMe group to other chat rooms
Because GroupMe is connected to Sameroom using a bridgebot, GroupMe will not appear in the Sameroom.io interface Accounts page, so initiating a tube connection there is not available.
Sameroom tubes can only be connected to GroupMe by issuing Sameroom commands.
To connect GroupMe to other supported chat room applications (including other groups in GroupMe), please follow the instructions to Open a new Tube using Sameroom Commands in the following article:
- Sameroom: Sameroom Commands
- Sameroom: Chat Service Limitations and Known Issues
- Sameroom: Common Questions and Answers
- Sameroom: Glossary of Terms
- Sameroom: How to add the Skype Bridgebot to your Contacts
- Sameroom: Logging In to Your Sameroom Account
- Sameroom: Managing Your Account
- Sameroom: Unsupported Chat Services