This article will show you how to add the Telegram Bridgebot to a Telegram group.
This process is required due to incompatibilities with Telegram login into Sameroom.
Telegram will not appear as an installed app on your Sameroom Accounts page.
- Sameroom Standalone accounts
- 8x8 Team Messaging
- Telegram chat client
Add the Sameroom Bot to Chat Groups
This operation must be performed for each group you wish to use Sameroom in:
- In the Telegram chat application, click on the group you wish to add Sameroom to.
- Click on the sidebar icon at the top-right to see the list of current group members.
- Click on the Add Members icon .
- Search for and click on the sameroom_bot.
- Important: You may find other bots which were not created by 8x8 / Sameroom. Add only the smiling Sameroom bot as shown below.
Once you click on the Sameroom bot, it will appear in the list of members to add to your group.
- Click Add.
The smiling Sameroom bot should now appear in the group member list.
- Finally, test your connection to Sameroom by submitting the message -sameroom help to the group. After a brief pause, you should see a list of commands that you can now send to Sameroom.
- You can now create tubes from your Telegram group chat to other chat rooms. See Sameroom commands for more info on using the Portal, Open, and Connect commands.
- Sameroom: Sameroom Commands
- Sameroom: Chat Service Limitations and Known Issues
- Sameroom: Common Questions and Answers
- Sameroom: Glossary of Terms
- Sameroom: How to add the Skype Bridgebot to your Contacts
- Sameroom: Logging In to Your Sameroom Account
- Sameroom: Managing Your Account
- Sameroom: Unsupported Chat Services