Creating or changing your voicemail greeting from your desk phone as an 8x8 Express user.
- 8x8 Express
- Desk phones
- Voicemail greetings
- Access the voicemail system:
- From your own extension: Dial 555 and enter your voicemail password, followed by the # key.
- From another extension in your system: Dial 500, enter your extension number, then enter your voicemail password, followed by the # key.
- Press the * key to enter the Main Menu. Note: If you have no saved voicemail messages, you should enter the Main Menu automatically. You can skip this step.
- From the Main Menu, do any of the following and follow the subsequent audio prompts:
- Press 2 to change your greeting. Options include using just your first and last name; setting distinct internal (on-network) and external (off-network) greetings; and changing greetings to be used at certain times or occasions.
- Press 3 to change user preference options. Options include: change voicemail password; call waiting preferences; busy handling; ring no answer handling; Internet outage routing; and email notification preferences.
- Press 4 to establish or change call forwarding rules. Options include: listen to, set, change, or cancel call forwarding rules.
- Press 5 to set a specific greeting for business hours, after business hours, lunch time, meeting, weekend, and vacation.
- Press 6 to enable or disable “announcement only” mode (e.g., your vacation greeting).
- Press 9 to exit voicemail.
If you have not yet set up your voicemail access PIN, see 8x8 Express: Creating or Changing Voicemail Access PIN in 8x8 Work For Desktop.