Analytics for 8x8 Work API authentication.
- Analytics for 8x8 Work APIs
- Open Admin Console from your 8x8 Application Panel and navigate to API Keys icon.
- Click on Create App button
- Select Analytics for 8x8 Work and input the name you want for the app.
- Click Save. This will generate a Key and a Secret. The Key value will be the 8x8-apikey header.
- Obtain the access token by calling the oauth/token endpoint:
- In the Authorization tab, set the Type to No Auth.
- In the Headers, use the 8x8-apikey created earlier and Content-Type as application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
- In the Body, add the username and password for a user with access to Analytics for 8x8 Work.
The access_token will be used in data requests for the available API endpoints, in the header Authorization with the value Bearer <access_token>.
For more information regarding the authentication, endpoints available, and parameters, check the documentation at the following link: