Setting up 8x8 Meeting Rooms for your organization.
- 8x8 Meeting Rooms
- 8x8 Admin Console
Set Up 8x8 Meeting Rooms
- Log in to Admin Console.
- Select Meetings.
- Select Meeting Rooms.
- Select Add new room.
- Fill out the necessary fields:
- Connect a calendar
- Room name
- Select a calendar resource
- Room country
- Select Save.
- Make note of the Pairing code.
Note: Refer to your respective calendar app or vendor documentation for more information on calendar resources. For your convenience:
- Microsoft: How to Create and Manage Room Mailbox for Exchange 2019 users
- Cronofy: Configuration Requirements for Office 365 and Exchange users
If you require additional information on how to set up your calendar app, contact your IT administrator and call your calendar IT vendor, or support team.
Configure a Room System
After configuring the appropriate hardware, administrators should:
- Install the appropriate Meeting Rooms applications for your conference room computer (Desktop app) and in-room controller (Mobile app) from Download 8x8 Meeting Rooms.
- Go to the room system and open https://spot.8x8.vc/spot. Note: Spot is currently in beta.
- Enter the room activation code.
- Pair the room with the iPad controller.
- Select the appropriate audio and video devices.