Set up or change your Auto Attendant forwarding rules in 8x8 Admin Console.
Your Auto Attendant can forward callers to a number of destinations while your recorded message can inform callers of your business hours, or any other information they need to know.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Auto Attendant
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Auto Attendants.
- Create an auto attendant or click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of the Auto Attendant you wish to edit.
- Ensure that you have the proper Schedule selected. You can also create a new schedule for holidays or other occasions in the future where you will have reduced hours.
- Go to Call Handling Menus and select Open or Closed to set up specific rules for calls that come in during and outside of business hours. To set up a menu with separate actions, select Alternate Menu. Note: You need to select a Site for your Auto Attendant before you can view the Call Handling Menus.
- Click Add Key to create scheduling rules for specific keys.
- Select the Key users will press to complete an action from the menu.
- Select any of the actions below. Callers can complete these actions by pressing the key associated with them.
- Transfer To
- Auto Attendant: You must have two Auto Attendants to use this option.
- Call Queue
- External Number: This can be used for any third-party services, such as contact centers. Note: A phone number is required if using External Forwarding on an Auto Attendant and if the Site does not have a Main Number.
- Ring Group
- Transfer To
- Click Save in the Key Manager window.
- Save your Auto Attendant profile.