How to Configure Cross-Site Dialing in Admin Console
To configure cross-site dialing in 8x8 Admin Console.
Cross-Site Dialing enables users to call by extension between different sites as long as they are configured under the same company (i.e., company's phone system has Cross-Site Dialing enabled). You will need to have administrator rights in 8x8 Admin Console to set up this feature.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Cross-Site Dialing
If you require sites with different extension lengths across PBXs, create a case with 8x8 Technical Support to enable.
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Select Sites.
- Select Edit (pencil icon) to the right of the site that you wish to edit.
- Enter the Site Code under Internal Dial Plan.
- Select the desired extension length from the drop-down. You can select an extension of up to nine digits long.
- Select Save.
Making Extension-To-Extension Calls with Cross-Site Dialing
Though in-site dialing will remain unchanged, users will have to add the site code before the user's extension to make extension-to-extension calls between sites.
We will use the following Site Codes as an example:
- Acme Site A: 20
- Acme Site B: 21
- Within Acme Site A: Sarah dials 1002 to call Jeff
- Within Acme Site A: Sarah can also dial 201002 to call Jeff
- From Acme Site A to Acme Site B: Sarah dials 211001 to call Rob