How do I enable Call Recording in 8x8 Admin Console?
To enable call recording which can record incoming and outgoing calls, play them back, download, or delete them. The feature can record all calls, record calls selectively, or never record calls. You can also set notifications that will announce to the caller and callee that a call is being recorded.
This feature is available with X Series X0 licenses and higher.
- 8x8 Admin Console
Try It Live
Click here for a live, step-by-step walkthrough of this process! (Requires login.)
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Users.
- Select the Edit icon on the right.
- Scroll to Call Recording Settings.
- Set your Recording Mode to one of the following:
- Allow User to Record Calls Selectively
- Record all Calls for this User
- Never Record Calls for this User
- Select who will hear the Recording Announcement from the following options:
- Announce Call Recording to Remote Party
- Announce Call Recording to Me
- Announce Call Recording to Me and Remote Party
- Announce Call Recording to Neither Party
- Click Save.
Users with Call Recording enabled will receive email notifications each time a call is recorded. The notifications will be sent to the email address configured under their Voicemail Settings.
Users are able to record calls and maintain recording data, according to the limits of the license.
For Legacy storage plans, the storage fee is $5.99 / £3.99 per 1 GB (or portion thereof) in excess of the storage limit. To avoid extra charges, it is important to monitor your storage usage and download and delete your recordings before they exceed the 1.0 GB limit.