What is 8x8 Admin Console?
Note: Click here if you are looking for an introduction to Account Manager, the legacy version of Admin Console.
Admin Console is the tool through which you set up your 8x8 Work phone system. Only administrators can log in to Admin Console. Admins can add users and set up ways to manage call flow, such as Ring Groups and Call Queues, that will affect their users.
- Go to the Login Portal.
- Log in with your 8x8 username and password.
- On your 8x8 Application Panel, click Admin Console.
Your account icon is in the top right corner of your screen.
A drop-down menu will appear with the following options:
- Billing call log: This is only present if you have Analytics for 8x8 Work.
- Contact support: Contact 8x8 support services.
- Send Feedback: Here you can send product feedback if certain features aren't working.
- Co-Browsing: This option allows you to share your screen with a support agent if you are on a support call.
The home screen of Admin Console is broken up into:
- Setup: Features for your phone system. The General options allow you to create users, assign extensions, and set up other system services.
- Phone System: Office phone system features, such as Auto Attendants and Extensions.
- Work Groups: User related group settings, such as Ring Groups, Call Queues, and Paging.
- Virtual Contact Center: Customer Contact Center options.
You can also view the General menu by clicking the More Options icon (three dashes) in the top left corner of your screen. This brings up a drop-down with General Menu options as well as an item for the Work Groups menu.
The Work Groups section displays options that allow you to utilize groups and queues to manage your call traffic.
The Help Center lists popular items from the Web Help guides. The search bar takes you to the 8x8 Support website to search for other instructional articles.