Resubmitting a porting request after it fails within Admin Console
- Admin Console
- Number Porting
In the event you receive an Account/PIN rejection, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this article. Otherwise, please continue with the information below.
- Log in to Admin Console.
- Click Phone Numbers.
- Locate the phone number you are porting over.
- Check the status of the port and make sure to take note of the reason for failure found by clicking the info button in configuration manager.
- Note: The Info button gives you instructions to reach our number transfer team please contact us at the number provided.
- For more information on how to get the right information, refer to this article.
- Select More Options (three dots) to the right side of the number and select Resubmit Porting Request.
- All the information from the first request will be displayed. Make sure to update the information mentioned in step 4.
Account / Pin Rejection
Sometimes carriers put pin protection on their numbers, contact your former provider to get the pin then resubmit the request with the updated information. If you are unable to enter a pin during the resubmission, please then add the PIN along with the number(s) you wish to port to your existing porting case so that we can progress your number porting request.
- Log in to your 8x8 Application Panel.
- Select My 8x8.
- Select Support.
- Click the Case number.
- Post a comment with the correct Account/PIN information. You can also add attachments if needed.
- Select Share.