Audit user chat conversations as an administrator from within 8x8 Admin Console.
Note: Due to the sensitive nature of this role, it is not assigned to any user by default, and only the primary (Super Admin) has initial access to the Audit Management Admin role which they must assign to themselves, and can assign to other administrators.
Historical chat messages of deleted users can also be retrieved through Audit Management.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Audit Management
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Super Admins must assign the Audit Management Admin role to admins who require access, including themselves.
- It might take a few minutes for the icon to appear in Admin Console once the role is assigned.
- From Home > Setup, select Audit Management.
- Select the desired filters from the following choices:
Filter Description Attachments Select to audit chats based on attachments exchanged during the conversation. Author Select to audit all users or specific users from the list. Date range Select the time period for audit. You can choose from predetermined date ranges or enter a custom date range. Keyword
Select to filter the conversations based on specific keywords.
Select to filter the conversations of specific rooms. This option will filter by type of chat such as direct, forum (Room), or SMS.
- Click Generate Archive. Based on the volume of the data retrieved, it can take up to 24 hours for the archive to be generated.
- Once complete, the Status will change from In progress to Completed.
- Click Download. The file will begin downloading.
The audit files are created in JSON format. We recommend that you use an e-discovery tool to parse information in these files.