Configuring Google SSO in Admin Console
Configure Google SSO to allow users to log in to 8x8 services using their Google email address.
- Admin Console
- Google SSO
Enable Google SSO
This section must be completed by a user with administrative access to Admin Console.
- Log in to Admin Console as an administrator.
- Click Identity and Security.
- Under Single Sign-On Integration (SSO), ensure the toggle is set to enabled (blue).
- Under Select your identify provider, click to select Google.
- Click Save.
Configure Google SSO for Individual Users
This can be completed by users with administrative access to 8x8 Admin Console, or by the end-user through 8x8 Work Desktop > Settings > Account Settings > Single Sign-On (SSO).
User Profile Configuration
- From the Admin Console menu, select Users.
- To the right of the desired user, select Edit (pencil icon).
- Go to the Single Sign-On (SSO) section.
- Enter the user's Google ID.
- Select Save.
User Login to 8x8 Work
Once all of the above is properly configured, the user can log into 8x8 Work apps using their Google credentials:
- Log in to Work for Desktop as the selected user.
- Select Use Single Sign On.
- Select Continue.
- Select Log in using Google.
- Select Next.
- Enter the password and select Sign In.
- If applicable, enter the Google 2-Step Verification code.
- Select Done.
Sync with Google Calendar
This should be completed by the end-user in Work for Desktop.
- Log in to Work for Desktop.
- Click Settings (gear) > Calendar and status.
- Click Sync Google Calendar.
- Select a Google account to sync.
- Enter the Google account password.
- Click Next.
- If applicable, enter the 2-Step Verification code.
- Click Next.
- Click Allow.