How do I increase my ring timer in 8x8 Admin Console
Note: To increase your ring timer as an end user in Work for Desktop or as an account admin in Account Manager, the legacy version of 8x8 Admin Console, click here.
Increase the ring timer from the default to the desired number.
- 8x8 Admin Console
Note: Using Cellular Voice as your inbound Call Mode in Work for Mobile? Your smartphone's default ring duration may take precedence over these settings if it is shorter.
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of the user you wish to select to edit.
- Click Call forwarding rules.
- Check the box to enable forwarding for When User Does Not Answer the Call. Note: Ensure that you have not selected Forward all Calls so that you can choose forwarding options based on status.
- Click Edit (pencil) to the right of When User Does Not Answer the Call.
- Input the amount of seconds you want your extension to ring for (between 1 and 120 seconds) in the When no answer for (seconds) box.
- Click Save.
Call Forwarding needs to be set up for the extension prior to extending the default ring timer.
By default, an extension is set to ring for 15 seconds before calls are sent to voicemail. There are two ways to increase how long your phone rings before a call is sent to voicemail: by an end user in the Work for Desktop application settings, or by an account admin within the user's extension settings in 8x8 Admin Console.
Changing these settings will affect ring duration across all your 8x8 work softphone applications (desktop, online, and mobile) and your desk phone.