How to Block Numbers for an Extension in 8x8 Admin Console
Note: To block phone numbers for your Main Company Number or an extension in Account Manager, the legacy version of 8x8 Admin Console, click here.
Use Advanced Call Forwarding to block calls from certain numbers for an extension.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Number Blocking
The ability to block calls from a specific number needs to be configured per user.
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit (pencil) to the right of your User Profile (End Users) or any User Profile that you wish to edit (Admins).
- In the edit page, scroll down until you see Call forwarding rules and expand this section.
- Click the box to enable forwarding for When user gets a call from a blocked caller.
- Click Edit (pencil).
- Enter the name or number of the caller you want to block.
- Click Add to the list. The only forwarding option is selected by default so that calls from the blocked caller go to no one and the busy signal plays.
- Click Save.
- Save the user.