Enabling External Caller ID for Ring Groups
Allow Ring Group members to use the phone number assigned to the Ring Group as their External Caller ID
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Ring Groups
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Ring Groups.
- Click Edit next to your designated Ring Group.
- Scroll down to the External Caller ID section.
- Click on the Use Caller ID toggle switch so that it is blue and to the right.
- Fill in the Display Name with the text you want displayed for the caller ID.
If the Display Name field is grayed out and non-interactive, it means that the number is already enabled for Shared Caller ID. You will need to change the Display Name from the Phone Numbers page.