Why are calls to my Ring Group ringing longer than intended?
I have set my ring group call forwarding timeout to more than 30 seconds, but my calls to my ring groups are ringing longer than that.
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Ring Groups
After you have saved your desired changes to the ring group, follow these steps to get your Ring Group to ring for the correct amount of time.
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Ring Groups.
- To the right of the desired ring group, click Edit (pencil icon).
- Go to the Call Forwarding Rules section.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of When no one in ring group answers.
- Choose the appropriate option for Forward calls to.
- Click Save.
- You should now be back to the main edit screen of the ring group. Click Save on the bottom of the page.
- This completes the process and your ring group should now be working properly.
Due to a bug in 8x8 Admin Console, when you save the ring group settings after making a change to the Basic Information, Members, or Voicemail Settings, it sets the no answer time to its default value of 30 seconds. This issue is under investigation.