How to Block External Calls and Allow Internal Calls Only
To block all external calls and allow internal calls only. This is commonly used for test or laboratory phones where all external calls should be restricted.
- Work for Desktop
- Virtual Office Online
- Account Manager
- 8x8 Admin Console
- Log in to Work for Desktop.
- Click Settings (Gear).
- Under Settings, go to Account Settings.
- Go to Call Forwarding, and click +Add New Rule.
- Create a rule to Allow Internal Calls.
- Under Call From, Choose "Or any of the phone numbers listed below."
- Enter the extensions that can call this line, then click Add.
- Press OK to apply the rule.
- Create another rule for Blocking External Calls.
- Click +Add New Rule.
- Choose "Anyone," then go to "Forward to" and choose "Drop Call (Caller will hear busy signal)."
- See to the images below for reference.
- By now, you should have two (2) active rules for both Allowing Internal Calls and Blocking External Calls. Click Save to apply both advance call forwarding rules.
8x8 Admin Console
- Log in to 8x8 Admin Console.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit (pencil icon).
- Go to Call Forwarding Rules and select + Add new rule.
- Set up a rule to Block all External Calls.
- Set the rule so that all calls from "anyone" at "anytime" are played a busy tone then disconnected as shown below.
- Next set up another rule to Allow Internal Calls, select the extensions that can make calls to this User, to allow all internal calls add all extensions available.
- Set the rule to forward calls to "Selected Users" then add the ext you are applying the rule to as shown below.