Volume drops automatically when using the 8x8 Work for Desktop app on a laptop or PC with Dolby Sounds setting turned on.
- 8x8 Work for Desktop Application
- Microsoft Windows
- Dolby Sound DAX2
- Open Windows Search and search for Services.
- Select Services and locate Dolby DAX2.
- Right-click on Dolby DAX2 or Dolby DAX API Service.
- Scroll down to Properties.
- Under Startup Type, select either Disable or Manual from the drop-down menu.
- Select Apply.
- Select OK.
- Exit and reboot your device.
This is related to the Windows Operating System and PC/laptop hardware. Dolby DAX2 is a feature of high-spec laptops commonly known as Gamer's machines. The sound controller works with the Windows registry. When the registry doesn't receive the request from the sound controller to provide higher or more kb sound from the application (8x8 Work for Desktop), the Dolby sound feature DAX2 drops the sound, and the end users on both sides struggle to hear one another.