Can't Record a New Outgoing Voicemail Greeting via Callback While Logged into the Extension with the Phone Number to Be Called
Using the phone number or extension for the account currently logged into Work for Desktop, as the number to be called for recording a new voicemail greeting, does not work.
- Work for Desktop
- Voicemail Greeting
Use a phone number or extension different than the ones for the logged in account.
Alternatively, follow the below steps to manually record a new message.
- Open the account settings page in a browser, log in.
- Under Voicemail Settings or Music-on-hold settings (depending on which you need to change).
- Click Change.
- Select By Calling a Number to Record.
- Give the file a name. Optional: Leave a note for yourself to tell what the file is for.
- Type in the Phone Number or Extension you would like it to dial.
- Select Call Now.
- The system will call you. Follow the prompts to record.
- Select Finished Recording.
- Click Save.
- Click Select to the right of the audio file you would like to use.
- Click Save to update the changes.