How to Use 8x8 Work for Desktop as a Softphone
Using Work for Desktop as a softphone for 8x8 Contact Center.
- Work for Desktop
- 8x8 Contact Center
Work for Desktop is available as a softphone option for 8x8 Contact Center. This allows the agent to use Work for Desktop instead of a physical phone. Calls to the user's extension can be directed to Work for Desktop.
Before you begin, ensure that your system meets the Work for Desktop and Contact Center technical requirements.
Things to Know
- Dedicated Agent Extension Mode cannot be used while using Work for Desktop as a softphone.
- If you wish to use Contact Center in Dedicated Agent Extension Mode, a Poly desk phone or a softphone must be used by the Work for Desktop extension.
- Users log in to Work for Desktop and Contact Center with the same credentials.
- Check that the Interaction Time Out in Contact Center is shorter than Number of Rings before the call is routed to voicemail.
- If the Number of Rings is longer than the Interaction Time Out, then callers that are routed to voicemail are never routed back to the Call Queue.
Set up Work for Desktop as a Softphone in Configuration Manager for Contact Center
- Log in to Configuration Manager for Contact Center.
- Select Agents.
- Click Edit to the right of the designated user.
- Click the Phone tab.
- Enter the user's full Work for Desktop phone number as their Workplace Phone.
- Click Save.
- Agents using Work for Desktop must log in before they can receive calls from Contact Center.
- Agents must set their status to Available to make and receive calls in their assigned queues in Contact Center.
- Agents must transfer calls within Contact Center or the calls will be dropped on the Contact Center side.