Users with a pending Chrome update who attempt to share screens in 8x8 Work for Web on Chrome on MacOS, see that their screen sharing breaks or stops working.
- Chrome v 98.0.4758.132, 99.0.4844.74, 100.0.4896.45, 101.0.4929.5, 101.0.4933.0
- 8x8 Work for Web
**Initial step is to ensure you are updated to the latest version of Chrome. Once updated follow the steps below.
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab > Screen Recording.
- Click the lock labeled Click the lock to make changes.
- When prompted, enter an admin username and password.
- If it’s already checked, uncheck the box for Google Chrome in the list on the right side.
- If prompted, choose Later.
- Check the same box for Google Chrome that you just unchecked.
- If prompted, choose Quit & Reopen.
Alternately, users can download and use the 8x8 Work for Desktop app for MacOS.
The cause is due to a bug with how Chrome introduces pending updates. Upgrading will remove the pending update and resetting permissions will then restore permissions.