8x8 Contact Center calls are going to voicemail instead of going to the next available agent.
- Contact Center
- Configuration Manager for Contact Center
- 8x8 Admin Console
Change the 8x8 Work phone extension Call Forwarding Forward to Voicemail Delay to more than the 8x8 Contact Center Agents' Interaction offer timeout. We recommend at least 10 seconds greater than the Interaction offer timeout in Contact Center.
- Interaction offer timeout = 30
- Account Manager (legacy) or Admin Console Call Forwarding Delay = 45
Check the Interaction Offer Timeout in Contact Center Configuration Manager
- Log in to Contact Center Configuration Manager.
- Select Users/Agents. The agent list is displayed.
- Double click an agent’s name to see the Edit Agent dialog.
- Select the Properties tab.
- Adjust the Interaction offer timeout to 30. Note: The value is in seconds.
Check the 8x8 Work phone Call Forwarding Delay
Account Manager Users
- Log in to Account Manager
- Click Home
- Go to Phone System then Extensions
- Locate the extension for the agent and click Edit
- Scroll down to the Call Forwarding section and expand that section
- Adjust the Call Forwarding Delay to 45. Note: The value is in seconds
Admin Console Users
- Log in to Admin Console.
- Select Users
- Click Edit (pencil icon)
- Select Call Forwarding
- Edit When user does not answer the call within 15 seconds
- Set it to 45
Agent's 8x8 Work Call Forwarding Forward to Voicemail Delay is less than the Agent Interaction offer timeout. This causes the phone's voicemail to pick up the call before it can forward the call to the next available Agent.