Define password policies and set rules on password length, formation, password duration, and common password practice for users to follow while creating their passwords
- Contact Center Mode 1 and Mode 2 users. Mode 3 legacy users (not on XSeries) set password policies in the Account Manager.
- Password Policies
- Configuration Manager for Contact Center
- Visit to https://login.8x8.com in a browser and sign in
- Click on the Virtual Contact Center Config Mgr icon to access the Configuration Manager
- From the Configuration Menu, open Security.
- Go to the Password Policies tab.
- Configure the desired settings.
- Password Expires (In days)
- Defines how long a password is alive. After the specified duration, the password expires and needs to be changed.
- Enforce Password History
- Defines the number of previous passwords (or no passwords) to be remembered by the system. It prevents users from using the previous passwords when creating a new one.
- Minimum Password Length
- Defines a minimum length for a password. Restricts agents from choosing a password less than the specified length.
- Password Complexity Requirement
- Defines if a password must be set with a certain complexity, requiring different types of characters.
- Password Question Requirement
- Defines if the answer to a security question in the agent profile can be the same as the password or not.