Delete 8x8 Contact Center Voicemails and Send as Attachment
To configure Contact Center Configuration Manager to send voicemails as WAV file attachments directly to an email address. With this setup, agents do not have to retrieve voicemails from a queue. Contact Center Configuration Manager can also be made to automatically remove voicemails from a queue.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Contact Center Configuration Manager
- Voicemail Queues
All voicemails left on the queue will remain until an agent has deleted it manually or the email notifcation has been set up to delete the voicemail.
- Log into Contact Center Configuration Manager.
- From the Configuration Menu, open Queues/Skills.
- Click Edit (pencil icon).
- Go to the Notification tab.
- Select Enabled to enable the notification.
- Specify the Email Address(es) to which voicemail attachments must be sent.
- Check Delete from queue to delete the voicemail from the voicemail queue after sending the email attachments.
- Click Save. With this step, the configuration of a voicemail queue is complete.
When selecting Delete from queue, the call flow will by-pass the voicemail queue, and these interactions are not captured in reports.
For more information, see the online documentation.