Warm Transferring Calls to Agents in 8x8 Contact Center
Warm transferring (Consult Transfer) a call to an agent in 8x8 Contact Center.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- 8x8 Agent Console
To transfer an active phone interaction to another agent:
- Notify the current caller about the transfer.
- While in an active call on line 1, click on line 2 in the Phone Tab. Agent Console automatically places the phone interaction on line 1 on hold.
- Click the Agents tab to see a list of agents currently logged in to Agent Console, with their current status.
- To consult the second agent before transferring the interaction:
- Make sure you have switched to line 2.
- Select an agent from the list, and click to bring up the context menu.
- Initiate a call or a chat with the agent by choosing Make a call or Start a chat.
- After the agent answers the call, the button to Transfer Lines is enabled.
- Inform the agent you are transferring a phone interaction to them, then click Transfer Lines to complete the transfer.
- Agent Console submits a new phone interaction to the selected agent, then changes your status to Post Processing.
- Click End Post Processing to make your status Available or click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks. For information about your contact center's timeout interval, contact your contact center administrator.