Why does a call to an agents extension get routed to another agent?
- A caller calls your 8x8 Contact Center channel number.
- The Contact Center Script prompts the caller to enter an agent's extension.
- The caller enters the Agent A's extension.
- The call is forwarded to Agent A's Contact Center end-point phone.
- After some time the call is forwarded to and answered by Agent B.
- 8x8 Contact Center
- Call Routing
Agent A did not accept the call within the Interaction Timeout time.
The Contact Center script then forwarded the call to the next available agent.
Interaction offer timeout is a setting for each Agent in Contact Center Configuration Manager.
For more information on Interaction offer timeout and other Agent settings, see the online documentation: Create Agent Accounts