Answer Machine Detection
In 8x8 Contact Center when the dialer is used in its aggressive mode, it can call more numbers than available agents to maximize agent efficiency. The dialer needs a service which detects the calls answered by a machine instead of people and filters them. We have now introduced the Answer Machine Detection (AMD) service to identify such calls and allocate the calls answered by people to the available agents. When the AMD service identifies a machine-answered call, it sends a one-way message to the call routing to end that call and resolve it automatically. AMD is a learning service and it needs some time to build an effective library of known audio samples before it reaches its maximum efficiency. Once this is done, the AMD service resolves a machine-answered call quicker than the manual effort of an agent.
AMD resolves a machine-answered call when the following acceptance criteria are met:
- There is an active interaction on an outbound call (non-active interactions include wrong numbers, numbers not in use, and system messages).
- The call has a campaign ID from an AMD-enabled campaign.
- The elapsed time of an identified call can be terminated within the locally-configured threshold (two seconds in the UK and US).
Once AMD is provisioned for a tenant, the Contact Center administrators can activate it for desired campaigns.
To enable AMD in Configuration Manager:
- Log in to Configuration Manager and go to Campaigns.
- Click to create a new campaign or edit an existing campaign.
- Under Properties, select Answer Machine Detection.
AMD works in conjunction with our new Auto-TCL. The transaction code for such calls appears as "Answer machine detected" in CRM Cases or under Historical reports.
Note: The AMD service is only applicable to calls routed via campaigns, but not to outbound calls placed by an agent.