Set up a Facebook account to be used as the source for an 8x8 Contact Center social channel.
- 8x8 Contact Center 9.6 and above
- Social Channels
One needs a valid Facebook account that has at least one page. If your Facebook account does not have a page use these instructions to create one:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on Page under Create on the left hand side of the page (You might need to scroll down).
- You will most likely use the Business or Brand type of page, fill out the proper values and create and set up the page.
- Please see the Facebook help article about creating a Facebook page.
- Once the page is created it is helpful to copy the URL of the page to use when testing it.
- Next, you have set up a social channel, created a social script and assigned agents to the chat queue for the social channel. Once that is done someone can initiate a social channel chat session by sending a message from the Facebook page you created.