Create a new report in 8x8 Analytics for Contact Center
Customers who have used BI to create reports but haven't used ACC yet
- In BI one would first choose the Create Report icon in the left hand column and then choose the report category.
In ACC one expands a report category in the left hand column of ACC and then selects the type of report one wants to create
- In BI one would select measures and dimensions to provide the rows, columns and filters of a report and then runs the report to see what the results look like.
In ACC once one selects a report type the default report template appears with the default rows, columns and filters for the report. The default reports is presented to the user who can expand to see report details or to customize it by changing the report configuration.
Below is an example of what appears when one chooses the Summary type of report under the Agent Interactions report category.
- In BI you would have already selected the things you wanted to see in the report.
In ACC you take what appears in the default report and then add, remove or modify what is in the report. Before doing that one should expand sections of the report to see what is there. One does that by clicking on the down arrows "V" at the left of the rows to expand a section. Sometimes a report will have multiple levels of detail and you can expand multiple levels. You can close an expanded section by clicking on the up arrow "^" at the left of a section. Here is an example of the expansion of the report above.
- Once you're ready to configure the report to include the information you want click on the Customize button at the upper right hand side of the window. ACC will bring up a screen that allows you configure the report and displays a subset of the information available in the full report. The report preview does not include all data for the report. One must save any modifications one makes in order to see the full data the report provides.
- One can configure the date range and data granularity of a report by clicking into the date field at the top of the report
which brings up the date range and granularity selection screen.
One can choose a predefined time range in the left hand of the pop up or one can choose specific dated by clicking on dates in the main body of the pop up. The granularity determines how information is aggregated for subtotals in the report. The values allowed depend on the date range chosen. For ranges covering more days the lower granularities (15 min, 30 min, etc...) depending on the number of days in the range. If you need lower granularities for a large date range you may need to break the report up into multiple reports that allow the granularity you need.
- You can configure the time zone used when displaying information by clicking on the time zone drop down and either choosing one of the time zones listed or by searching for another time zone.
- The Include section of the report configuration allows you to choose the level of data provided in the report and the way it is aggregated. Click on the current value to bring up the choices available for the report.
- For some reports you can choose whether or not the agent id is included in the report.
If you turn this on for a report the agent id's will be listed in parenthesis after each agent's name as shown below:
- The next section of the report configuration allows you to change the metrics displayed in the report and the order they are displayed. Click on the drop down to expand the list of metrics which allows you to choose which ones you want in the report.
You may select all, deselect all or check and uncheck metrics individually. At least one metric must be chosen to save the report.
Once you've chosen the metrics you want in your report you can click on the bars on the right hand side of the Metrics field and change the order the metrics appear in your report. Click and hole on the six dots to the left of the metric and then drag the metric up or down in the list to change it's order.
Click on the Done button when the metrics are ordered the way you want them.
- Use the Filters section of the Report Configuration screen to limit the data returned in the report. The filters available are based on what you've chosen in the Include section of the configuration. Filters not available are grayed out and cannot be selected.
To add a filter click the filter associated with the data you wish to limit. The drop down will expand to include choices and a search text box where you can type in a portion of the value you wish to choose.
The search field causes a "contains" search to be done on the possible values and the values that fit the criteria are listed below that. In the above image the listed agents all contain "us" in their names. You can select all of the agents which fit the search criteria by using the Select all checkbox or select an individual agents using the checkboxes. Once you're cone selecting the values for a filter click outside of the selection box to close it.
- You can also configure the report to show or not show a grand total and subtotals. You do so by turning on or off the totals near the bottom of the report configuration section.
- You can click the Preview button at the bottom of the report configuration section to see what your report will look like with a portion of the data the report will return. Please remember the report will not contain all of the information which would be returned after the report is saved and run.
- Once you have configured the report the way you want it we recommend you give the report a unique name at the top of the report screen above the date range section of the report. Reports can be saved with the same name so it's possible to just save the report but it makes it difficult to differentiate between the different versions of the report with the same name.
- To run a report after it's been saved you simply click on Custom Reports in the left hand column of ACC and then select the report you want to run from the list of reports in your Custom Reports list. You can click anywhere on the line except on or near the three vertical dots at the right side of the report information.
- To modify a report click on the three vertical dots on the right hand side of a report and choose Edit. You can also choose to copy, delete or schedule a report there.