Learn about Analytics for Contact Center reports and how to read the various sections.
- Analytics for Contact Center
Important Information to Consider
Limitations of Analytics for Contact Center Reports
- You are not able to generate a report for deleted agents in any version of Analytics for Contact Center before version 2.5.0. However the data for deleted agents once in Analytics will be computed still and therefore will be included in the queue calculations.
- Preview mode is only meant to show you a sample of how things will look. it will show the aggregation of data for up to 50 entries. Once saved you will get your full data.
What's included in metrics
- Queue Interactions > Summary includes Entered and Accepted Metrics
- Detailed Reports > Interactions includes Entered and Accepted Metrics
Metrics for Rejected Interactions
There are 2 Metrics for Rejected:
- Rejected Timeout is the calls that just timed out and did not get answered
- Rejected is the calls that were actually rejected either by pressing the reject button, or the agents phone had been pressed for reject before the timeout occurred.
When trying to match up Rejected figures between reports, make sure the Rejected figures selected are the same between reports.
Filtering Agent Interactions Report
The report Agent Interactions that is looking at Queues, also includes records that do not go through a queue. You can see this by checking or un-checking No Queue from the queue filter of the report.
Seeing All Interactions
The report Detailed Report: Interactions gives you a breakdown of all the interactions associated to a report.
Metrics can be calculated differently within Analytics for Contact Center, and therefore may not match data from the historical reports within Contact Center. Analytics for Contact Center has been built to try and take into considering many ongoing interactions that the historical reports could not consider. Can affect metrics like Average Wait Time. The two systems also compute average metrics use different formulae. For Analytics you can find the formula here:
Metrics are calculated as follows for various settings:
- Presented = Accepted + Rejected + Reject Timeout +Abandoned + Alerting This calculates the presented figure for any time slot including how many times it's presented to individual agents, as well as same agent repeatedly presented. Presented is an Agent Metric.
- Entered=Accepted + Abandoned by the client + Diverted + Waiting in queue This means that Entered figure for any time slot is what entered in that timeslot plus anything that is still in the queue in the previous time slot (This will lead to the individual time slots (i.e. split down by 15/30min or 1hr), when added up, will not match the overall total at the top of the list.) Entered is a Queue Metric.
Intervals vs Totals
When looking at interval time slots (ie 12:15-12:30) several figures when adding up the time slot will not equal the total (which only counts each call once.) I showed Entered figures above doing this, however it will affect other settings in the following ways:
Handling Time and Average Handling time - Calls that cross time slots will count as their full time value in both time slots. For Example, if a call comes in during one time slot (ie 12:15-12:30) and then falls into a second time slot, this will be shown twice - once in 12:15-12:30, and once in 12:30-12:45 - both counting the full amount of handling time/Average Handling time for that call. If the call is longer than 2 time slots it will count three times, etc. Because of this, adding up the intervals for these figures will not match the totals.
When comparing Dashboards, please be aware of the following information.
Troubleshooting Inconsistent Data
When things do not match, check that the reports have the same filters - such as does one include logged out agents and another doesn't?
Also in addition to checking filters, Agent Group Activity Widget, does not update as often as Agent performance widget. Agent group Activity Widget updates every hour and therefore is historical data. Agent performance widget is expected to update every 5 seconds.
Data for Outbound codes and the ability to filter on them, is only available from when a tenant is upgraded to Contact Center 9.10. Data will not be available for this before this date.
Please be careful naming your outbound codes in Contact Center. If you have the same code name under 2 different lists, it will show up individually in the filter list and it can make it difficult to tell which is which, and can make a difference in the filters.
If you use the Use:typed data (ie in example above select the Use:Collections) it will bring back all that match that criteria and not just the selected code.
Agent Performance vs Agent Activity
Agent Performance is configured with a Queue Resource and so will only contain agent's activity specific to selected queue. This widget can be made to show overall activity made by the agents by using the Agent Group Resource instead of the Queue resource. (Real time widget - updates every 5 seconds)
Agent Activity widget contains overall activity made by agents on all queues and outside of queues (such as direct inbound calls, direct outbound calls, consultations etc which do not go through queues at all) (Historical widget - updates 10s of minutes to an hour at a time) - Other Historical widgets include Queue Activity, Group Activity, Media Activity which also refresh every hour.