To add missing words from the dictionary to VCC Speech Analytics. This is useful for terms such as company names, trademarked products, and drug names.
- VCC Speech Analytics
- Ensure outbound call recording is enabled.
- Log into VCC.
- Make outbound calls and use the term in different ways with both caller and callee stating the term so different versions are recorded.
- Log into QM/Speech Analytics.
- Click Search Interactions.
- Review the recording and see how the term was translated.
- Keep a list of the ways it was translated. This can be used in phrases and searches.
The best way to find how to represent the word or phrase is to make several recordings with different voices and different devices (cell phone, computer audio, standard phone, conference room phone, etc...) to find out how Speech Analytics is transcribing the word or phrase.
We recommend starting such test calls with a standard phrase such as "This is a speech transcription test." We also recommend that you don't simply state the word repeatedly to get it translated. Try using the word or phrase in the context such as "I started taking drug name last week" or "we used to get our widgets from company name but they started charging too much."