How to Configure and Use Hangup Messages in ContactNow
Hangup Messages allow an agent to play a pre-recorded message when their call reaches an answering machine or voicemail service.
When the hangup message is selected and the call is ended, the agent can continue making calls while that pre-recorded message continues to play to the answering machine/voicemail.
This feature can be used by agents when the Answering Machine Detection feature in ContactNow does not detect a device or voicemail service during outbound calls.
Follow this guide to:
Configure Hangup Messages
First you'll need to upload or create your hangup audio message(s).
Step 1: Upload or Create Your Audio Message
- You can upload your own custom audio file to ContactNow
- Or you can use the Text to Speech function in ContactNow to generate an audio file
Note: ContactNow uses only WAV formatted audio files.
Upload an existing audio file to ContactNow
To upload your own existing WAV file:
- Navigate to Data at the left side of the screen.
- Click Import under the Data Management column.
- Click the Upload File button at the top-right of the screen.
- Navigate to and select your desired WAV audio file, then click Upload.
- To see your uploaded file, click on the audio link under Directories, at the left. This is where all of your ContactNow service audio files are stored.
Create your own audio message using Text to Speech
Because there is no Text to Speech option in the System settings area, you’ll need to generate your audio file in another location, such as a call queue.
Note: Consider using a new call queue to use only for this purpose. This way you won’t inadvertently change any settings for an existing queue that’s in use by your agents.
If you decide to use a live, in-use call queue for this procedure, just revert your changes to their previous settings once the audio file is created.
- First, create a new Inbound or Outbound call queue (optional), or select an existing call queue.
- Navigate to Configuration > Agents, Teams & Queues > Queues.
- Click on the gear icon to the right of your call queue and select Edit.
- Click on the Audio Messages tab.
- Click on Text to Speech in any area that displays this option. Intro in the example screenshot.
- Enter the text you are converting to an audio file.
- Select Accent and Voice options if desired.
- Enter a unique File Name.
- Scroll down and click Update at the bottom of the page.
- Your new audio file will be saved to: Data > Data Management > Import > audio.
Step 2: Enable and Configure the Hangup Message Feature
Now that you have an audio file to use as a hangup message, you can enable the feature.
- First, navigate to Configuration > System setup > Agent Features.
- Select Yes to enable the Play Audio & Hang Up feature.
- In Hangup Audios, click on the list of audio files to expand it.
- Click on the audio file you want to make available to all agents.
- To select or de-select multiple files, hold down your keyboard Ctrl key (Windows) while clicking.
- Click Update at the bottom of the page to complete this setup.
Use Hangup Messages
Hangup messages in ContactNow are very easy for agents to use.
Example: An agent is logged in to ContactNow and receives or makes a call that reaches an answering machine or voicemail service:
- During the live call, click on Select Hangup Message from the ContactNow dialer.
- Select the hangup message to be played to the answering machine/service.
- Play [file name] will appear in place of Select Hangup Message.
- If the wrong file is selected, just click on Play [file name] to select a different audio file.
- To complete the process, click Hang up once it's clear that the answering machine / service is recording the call.
- The call will immediately end for the agent.
- The selected audio file will play to the answering machine / service until that message is complete.
- Note that the agent will still need to disposition the call to begin taking new calls.