How to configure a queue to redirect calls to another number, queue or to voicemail.
Note: This is only applicable to Inbound Queues.
- From the Configuration page, click Agents, Teams and Queues.
- Select an Inbound Queue and click Edit.
- Click on the Settings tab from the top row.
- Scroll down to Redirect.
- There are two types of redirects which you can toggle between; In Office and Out of Office. The two types of redirects activate in accordance to time of day.
- Once a type of redirect is selected, you can select where you want the call to be redirected to.
- None - disables the redirect
- Number - specify a number the call will be redirected to. An outbound call will be made to the specified number.
- Queue - displays a drop down list of all your queues that the call can be redirected to.
- Voicemail - play a voicemail message.
- In Office
- This is to redirect calls when agents of that queue are logged in and none are available to take the call with in the queue time threshold. So all agents on the queue are busy and call queues for set "Max Wait" it will redirect.
- Out Office
- No Agents on the Queue, it will redirect.
- Agents assigned to the queue are not logged in to the dialer, it will redirect..
- If agents are assigned to the queue is available and the conditions meet the time of day policy/rule to hang up the call it will redirect.
Important to note you should be able to manually dial the number that is set to redirect as it needs to meet the tariffs and if there are none or it is a premium number it will dial and get deadline response.